Place2Give Foundation is pleased to be able to accept securities from CCPC’s as gifts in Canada. If you’d like to make a gift, please make sure the gift meets the following guidelines:
- There is a concrete redemption plan in place for Place2Give. This would require two separate letters of intent to be completed. Both agreements must to be signed in advance. Place2Give will receipt to shareholder only. Purchaser may be company or a third party (buyer) and not eligible for a receipt.
- One with the donor and
- one with the entity buying back the shares for cash.
- Place2Give Foundation will receipt to shareholder only.
- They are valued by an independent Chartered Business Evaluator (CBV). Any cost incurred by Place2Give to obtain the valuation will be allocated to the proceeds of the gift. Use of a CBV is required by Place2Give to ensure that the eligible amount will be deemed to be reasonable by CRA if challenged. Any cost incurred by Place2Give Foundation to obtain the valuation will be allocated to the proceeds of the gift.
- Place2Give Foundation, #210, 333 – 11 th Ave. SW, Calgary, AB T2R 1L5 Tel: 1-866-936-4483 Email: info@Place2Give.com www.Place2Give.com CRA Registration # 833678840RR0001
- Place2Give to ensure that the eligible amount will be deemed to be reasonable by CRA if challenged. If the shares being donated are preferred shares that were part of an earlier freeze and the redemption value previously ascribed to the shares will be the value used when the shares are redeemed; Place2Give would require a copy of the CBV documented at that time and have a letter of understanding from the pre-identified buyer of the shares from Place2Give.
- Documentation is required in advance of any commitment of acceptance by Place2Give.
If you’d like to make a gift of securities, please download the form and Contact Us to process your gift.