The Financial Advisors Program allows donors to recommend a financial advisor or firm to invest in the charitable funds created at Place2Give Foundation. The investments for these funds are managed by financial advisors or firms outside of our primary investment pools.
This program offers a number of benefits for financial advisors and donors:
- Asset Retention: Advisors can retain and manage client charitable assets at their financial institution on an ongoing basis on behalf of the Community Foundation.
- Non-Managed Assets: Non-managed client assets, such as real estate, closely-held business interests, personal property and art can be converted into charitable funds that are managed through the program.
- Philanthropic Services: Financial advisors can offer philanthropic consulting services to their clients by connecting them to our sister company, Karma & Cents – adding value to their investment services and client relationships. With more than 25 years of experience, they are able to bring significant community knowledge to bear in crafting creative approaches to clients’ charitable goals and objectives.
Identifying Clients Who Qualify
Some typical examples of clients appropriate for this program include those who:
- Are planning to sell a private company or have high capital gains tax exposure
- Are contemplating life transitions—whether they are retired, have no children or are involved in estate planning decisions
- Want a charitable tax deduction now with the flexibility to make grants over time
- Want to grow charitable contributions tax-free over time
- Desire to create endowments benefitting multiple nonprofit organizations
- Desire to give something back to North American communities
- Are involved in multiple charities, civic causes or issues
- Want to engage their children or family members in philanthropy